About Open Arts Last Activity: 3 years, 7 months, 25 days ago
Open Arts is a charitable community arts and mental health project managed by South Essex Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust (SEPT).
We help people improve and maintain their own mental health and wellbeing, through creative learning, social inclusion and self expression.
It’s a chance to learn and practice all kinds of artistic techniques, and be part of a friendly, supportive and creative group.
All our participants are people aged 16 or older, who have either experienced mental health problems or are a carer.
Our courses include taster sessions in visual arts, such as drawing, painting, printmaking,
photography, sculpture, creative writing and crafts. We also offer drama, film and photography courses that help develop new skills and confidence. But most importantly, we offer a positive and productive environment that has been part of many people’s recovery.
As one of our participants you can enjoy:
• Gallery visits and creative experiences
• Opportunities to exhibit your work
• Links to further learning
• The option of accreditation
• Volunteer opportunities and research projects
• Community involvement
• Follow up studio placements at Hadleigh Art House – part of the Hadleigh Old Fire Station (HOFS) community arts and culture facility
An independent study by South Essex Service User Research Group (SE-SURG) at Anglia Ruskin University found:
• 90% of participants felt more positive, and said it improved their wellbeing
• 80% felt that their relationships with other people had improved as a result of the
• People felt less socially isolated, and reported improved self identity, confidence and choice
National Positive Practice in Mental Health Awards
2016 Open Arts ‘Highly Commended’ in the Partnership Work category
2015 and 2013 Winners of the Arts, Mental Health and Wellbeing Award. http://positivepracticemh.com/
Email [email protected] call 07903 188673
Please visit www.openartsessex.com