Forum Anniversary Day
Saturday 4th October
-10am – 5pm Book and Art Fair: Inside the Forum building on the ground floor there will be more than 20 tables featuring local writers, artists offering a chance to meet and network with them, as well as buy their work.
-10:30am Inside the Forum on the first floor Deeping Room. Bookstart Storyrhymes
session for under 5s, their parents and carers
– 11am until 1pm Inside the Forum on the third floor: South Essex College Higher
Education Open Day.
Saturday and Sunday 4th and 5th October
Children search for ‘Where’s Wally’ pictures around the Forum. Participants will be entered
in prize draw to win a Where’s Wally book
Saturday 4th October:
On stage outside the Forum building in Elmer Square: –
– 10.45 am – Demonstration by Southend Flamenco
– 11.15 am – Southend Operatic and Dramatic Society (SODS) performs songs from
– 12 noon – Little Theatre Company performs songs from ‘The Witches of Eastwick’
– 12.30pm – Leigh Operatic and Dramatic Society (LODS) performs selected songs
Outside the Forum building in Elmer Square
– 1pm Watch University of Essex students compete in spectacular ‘mad capers’
– 2pm Children’s ‘Where’s Wally’ fancy dress parade
Back on stage outside the Forum building in Elmer Square
– 3pm – 3.30 pm Live band – Made in Paradise
– 3.30pm – 4pm Eva Tobin – female vocalist.
At Focal Point Gallery – on ground floor of the Forum
– 6pm – Launch of new exhibition by Hannah Sawtell incorporating sculpture,
computer-generated imagery, animation and sound
See the Forum’s website for more details.