Hadleigh Art Trail returns this October
Friday 3 – Saturday 11 October 2014
Hadleigh Art Trail returns this October for its fourth year. Thirty venues throughout the town centre will host artists’ work for Hadleigh’s popular art week. View work from around 50 artists as they exhibit in local shops, businesses and other public places. Hadleigh Art Trail is proud of its community links with a range of art clubs and community arts organisations as well as individual artists – many of whom live, work or meet in Castle Point and are showcasing a diverse mix of fine art, photography, ceramics, sculpture, film and music.
Our partner venue Hadleigh Old Fire Station and its multi-use community space takes centre stage again this year hosting an ‘All Trail’ exhibition featuring work from each Trail artist under one roof – open daily throughout the Trail. Home to professional artists, photographers as well as heritage and community groups – HOFS is a vibrant community hub housed in this iconic building.
In association with a number of local organisations and partner venues, Hadleigh Art Trail boasts a full programme of FREE events and activities for all ages including:
* Pop-Up Cinema. Hadleigh Old Fire Station transforms into a temporary cinema with three screening evenings
* Artist Demonstrations and Workshops for all ages including print-making, glass painting, photography, watercolours, collage and origami.
* Meet the Artists. Thursday 9 October at Hadleigh Old Fire Station An evening reception with refreshments – all welcome
* ‘All Trail’ Exhibition. Open daily throughout the Trail
* Pop-Up Café at Hadleigh Old Fire Station – stop for tea or coffee and homemade cake
* Live Music from Southend Jazz Co-op
* School Live Art Project
* Schools’ Christmas card competition – finalists’ work on display
* Interactive large-scale group painting project with The Art Ministry
* Open Studios
Hadleigh is rich in history with its 13th Century castle, famously painted by John Constable, a Saxon church, ancient woodland and Hadleigh Farm – venue for the London 2012 mountain-biking event. Hadleigh’s bustling town-centre offers a range of independent shops and a wide choice of places to eat and drink. Plenty of free parking and well served by bus routes from neighbouring towns and nearby rail stations.
Pick up a free Trail Guide to help plan your visit – available online at www.hadleigharttrail.org.uk and in shops, libraries and other public places. Part of Essex Summer of Art.